Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lab B...Ultimate Frisbee

I was excited to teach this lesson on Ultimate Frisbee and it made it more exciting that I wasn’t too familiar with this sport.  This experience gave me the chance to practice, learn, and teach a sport I had never seen or played before this class. If you listen to my mp3 recording, you can have an in depth experience of my Ultimate Frisbee lesson.  I had many strong points I instituted in this lesson but after examining all of my analysis forms, I am more aware of some of my weaknesses.  Some of my previous weaknesses I improved on but there were few I repeated from my last lesson.  After reviewing my feedback analysis form, I need to give more constructive feedback to my students.  This will help my students know what they are doing well and what they need to work on.  I felt it was resourceful to integrate a few Spanish words during the lesson.  We counted “Uno, Dos, Tres” which was part of the progression to my drill.  I believe it’s essential to incorporate all different subjects in Physical Education lessons.  As you can see in my time coding form, there was less than 50 percent of activity time.  One way I could have maximized activity time is to break up the class into smaller groups, and practice the drills with less people.  The tool I find most useful to becoming a better teacher is my transcript form, using this I am able to see every word I say.  I can’t wait for my next lesson, it will be interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment