Saturday, December 19, 2009

Who said Healthy Games have to be boring?

Today I learned a new way to integrate technology into my Physical Education teaching lessons.  I played two games online, Juice Jumble and Food Fury.  These two games are great ways for students to learn more about what foods you should and shouldn't eat.  Here is a quick overview of how the game is played online.  I really enjoyed this game because many people still need to learn about what types of foods they should eat.  Obesity is a growing epidemic in this country and this game will get the students just one step closer to prevent obesity.  This game can be played in multiple levels of 1,2, and 3.  The only thing I dislike about this game is that it can be easy to cheat.  Instead of just looking at the food group, you can just click away by just looking at the tabs.  Clicking this link, will show you on the corner of each food there is a color coded tab that is similar with their food group.  Overall, I would love to start off my PE unit with Food Fury but in my lesson it will come alive on the GYM FLOORS!! Here is a slideshow from my Picasa Web Album showing my sister and I playing Food Fury and Juice Jumble.
Here is a lesson plan and a task progression sheeet, I integrated the game of food fury in real life Physical Education setting. This game integrates the healthy lifestyle of a proper diet, and locomotor skills students are still trying to develop at the fifth grade level.

No comments:

Post a Comment